Disclaimer

The information in Holistic at Heart is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information in this blog.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome to Holistic at Heart!

I'm enrolled in the Holistic Health Practitioner program at Grant MacEwan University. So when I'm at school I'm studying holistic health - where one attempts to consider all of the multiple aspects (physical, mental/emotional, spiritual, environmental, social) that play a role in the health of a person.[1] After spending so much time looking at health topics from a holistic point of view, I realized that I started looking at just about everything that way.

To me, looking at things holistically means particularly including the often ignored spiritual perspective. Of course looking at things from a purely spiritual perspective is not the idea either. In this blog, I'll talk a lot about holistic health and different complementary / alternative therapies or practices. I'll also talk about various challenges I have experienced in everything from my career to parenting. I want to hear your experiences and opinions too so please comment!

I'll be honest: my initial goal in creating this blog is to promote my holistic health business (please see my website - Know Thy Health). But the more I think about it, the more I hope this will be something even better for me - I hope it will help me do one of my favourite things... LEARN!

[1] Larry Trivieri, Jr. and John W. Anderson, eds., Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide (Berkeley, CA: Celestial Arts, 2002), 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment