Disclaimer

The information in Holistic at Heart is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information in this blog.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blessings of Christmas

It is Christmas time again! I have four days of planned celebrations covering 5 different locations with 11 (if not more) individual family units. It's going to be crazy busy - and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! There are always some downsides to this time of year including some financial pressure and the stress of making sure that you get everything done and see everyone; but to me, it's all worth the fun and companionship that comes with the holidays.

First of all, there's the presents. It doesn't take much to make me happy in the present department - a really good stocking full of goodies and 1 or 2 things I need as presents and I'm set! I had as much fun making presents this year as I am going to have opening mine. All I have left to do is wrap my gifts to others later today and I'll be all ready for the big event. I'm looking forward to watching my 2 year-old daughter open all of her gifts.

And then there's the food. From fondues parmesan, to perogies, to turkey and stuffing, to mashed potatoes, to green olives and Christmas baking, it's all so delicious. I just finished making my homemade cranberry sauce. I think my favourite is the stuffing - I can't seem to get enough of it! As an extra bonus, I don't have to cook all of Christmas dinner this year - just cranberry sauce and some baking.

Most important of all, there's the friends and family. I get to see friends that I have barely seen all year. Sometimes people come back from out of town and you get little mini-reunions of friends. And I get to see lots of different family members - some people may think that sounds horrible, but I am more than happy with it!

While Christmas may not be the best time of the year for my physical health (I won't be eating the healthiest food, and I'll take far too much of it), I get a real boost to my emotional and social health!

So, here's hoping that you have as many Christmas blessings as I do! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment